Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Week 1 in W.A

Okay, time for more updates. This is my first week of school! Thing
s are going well. so far so good, praise the Lord! I finally had the chance to use my little white MacBook. It's really quite cool :@)


I mainly use itunes to rip the cd into mp3 and play them as part of my teaching. I've found it really useful. The problem is, many sites are blocked by the school; gmail, youtubes and definitely facebook are all restricted here. I'm still try to figure out how to forward my gmail to the school's Outlook Express. I did some setting change, however it is still not working! Anyone of any expertise here?

Pictures showing the Lower Ground; where my Thursdays & Fridays duties are...I will be walking around with my bright shinning orange vest!

This is how my school looks like. It's not too huge nor small; 'ngam-ngam ho'. The size of the primary school is about 500+ which is about the same as my previous school. The kids are generally very nice. I call themlittle people.

My badge; very smart idea, the magnetic badge works perfect!

On my very 1st day of official school, I forgot to put on my badge! Hehehe...nothing's new to Mr. Clumsy like me, I know.


This is my Music Room! I spend 90% of my time here. The other 10% in the library, hall & staff room. The staff are generally extremely supportive. They are amazing people, really. The kids here are really blessed & I'm blessed too to have them as my colleagues.

This is the school hall where the assembly is held. Once a week I'm using this space for the Year 3 choir too. Guess how big the choir is; 90 of them!

Fraser Park; located right opposite where I stay now. The city Council has been very generous; they let the school to have the space during sport time for free. It's a nice open space where many people walk their dogs at about 4pm. When I'm more settled, I'll want to spend some time reading here too...


Look at this monster; it's a black & white laser printer/photocopier. I love it! You can print from any spot in the school coz it's wireless enabled. Likewise there is a colour laser copier too!

I think I'm destined to be in Green House forever. Back in Tunku, I was in the Green team tool; the team that always wins, seriously. I hope Tunku Green House will win in the sport event next month! GO HIJAUUUUUU!!!

No comments: