Thursday, July 22, 2010

God, You've Done It Again!

God is just simply AWESOME!!! Ready for some updates again? Oh yes! I went to meet the Deputy yesterday afternoon & at the same time managed to visit the school and meet other staff. They are very nice people! The primary school has a beautiful campus too. The 'little people' are very cute hehehe...

God gave me another visitation yesterday.While checking my mail in the morning, I finally got a reply from the landlord of the exact address of the place that I might be renting. The story goes like this. After I was offered the job last Friday, I spent half a day thinking about the offer, and another day looking for a place to stay. In fact it would be tough for me to get any room at this moment because my working contract offer is only for 6 months. Normally people would want to rent it out for minimum of 12 months. Anyway, I searched & searched in Gumtree and found one very special room. It only requires a minimum of 3 months contract and it's located on the same street as the school + the rental includes all bills! Finally today with my cousin driving me around we managed to find the house. At 1st I thought this must be the place; old timber kinda house, neat & quite livable! It's really near to the school; just 2 blocks away.

A is the school, B is the rental place!

I thought this was the house!

Later we found out the address that we got was wrong. Instead of No. 78, it's actually No. 74. When we check again, to my real surprise the actual place that I wanted to rent is directly next to the school!!! How good can that be?!

God is so good; He makes me & my school neighbours!

Today has been a long long day. Another new colleague and I were introduced by the principal during the assembly this morning. It was my 1st time listening to the school song as well as singing the Australian anthem. Will I forget our Negaraku & Ibu Pertiwiku? Never! Not that I like it, but the State anthem sounds really nice. I had to meet 2 heads of school to talk about stuff, met up with more staff, busy filling up more paper work especially to get my teacher registration done etc. And hey, just before I left the school, I was given a white Mac Book! Yoohooo...does that mean it's a sign for me to learn how to use Mac? Erm... I have no choice but to learn it because all the documents and emails are only can be accessed through this Mac Book. Not my Dell anymore... The school worries about virus & other security issues...

Woot! Epal!

Thanks to my cousin who drove me around 1st to the school, 2nd to the the WACOT, 3rd to Westfield Carosel mall, the list just goes on and on...

Let me promote my little cousin, Alvin.

After all the ding-dongs, I finally moved into my new place. It's easier to settle down this time round. Just within an hour I managed to get everything organized.

I really feel like as if I'm a student again...

Now who are my housemates then. The angmoh landlord stays there too, together with his Japanese wife and naother 2 rooms are rented to 2 mainland Chinese girls. This is another shocking news I received just now. Guess what! One of the mainland Chinese girl is from the province of Foo Jian. And when I introduced myself as Foochow from the same province as hers, she said she's a Foochow too!!! I could understand her Foochow! is this an coincidence? Nah...can't be...God must be so 'bored' that He engineered all this!

Ah...tomorrow is another long day. I got heaps of stuff to read, plan, etc etc etc... I'll just let it flows and see what God is going to do next! :@)

The Foochow mainland Chinese girl cooked the soup - now can you guys see how Foochow this is???


6 comments:

Shawn said...

haha! another foochow lady? nothing is coincidence de.. *ehem* wahahah.. jk.

Mr C said...

eeee this Shawn. I knew someone was going to write this kinda stuff..never thought it would be you!

Yuan said...

NICE one Shawn!
Hahaha.. Eh! Sama geng.. next wed i masuk.. Thurs go check my blog.. hehehe.. show u my room..

Mr C said...

piak piak piak...
yea, show us ur room..

Andrio said...

Aih, teacher/student romance, big no-no D: At least in the school's point of view. Hoho.

Either way, I'm really happy for you; seems like things are falling into place, as one intends :) Keep us updated!

Mr C said...

aiksssss Andrio.. pandai kau gigit dari belakang gua horrrr... haha, yea..more updates soon. I'm rushing the curriculum planning now. Huge documents to read etc. Wooooow!