Wednesday, July 21, 2010

From the East to the West!

It has been a while now since the day I fly with 'proper' airlines. Yo! I'm so blessed to have someone blessing me a free ticket from Melbourne to Perth; flying with Qantas hey! It was a super early flight, 610am. Thanks to Sigit & Nita who came right at the dot, 4am. Sigit said he forgot to set his alarm however he woke up automatically at 320am. Some kinda angel of the Lord must be working really hard to shake & wake him up! Praise the Lord hehehe...


After ding-dong for a while in the airport, we had the famous breakfast in the airport; the McD. That reminded me of Kuching airport; McD is a MUST-EAT & MUST-GO place when we have to send people off. I'm sure many of the SUT people agree with me.

Hey, they serve more varieties here. We only have muffins back home :/



This is cute!

Flying with Qantas is a new experience. The last time I flew with them was probably 13 years back. This is what I've observed so far. Most Qantas air-stewardess are very not only motherly but grandmotherly. Mind you I'm not trying to insult those air-stewardess who look a little older than those from the Asian airlines. They are very motherly and provide pretty good service. I'd definitely enjoy the Q-brekkie if I didn't have my McD. What they served was rather healthy; scramble egg, ham, potatoes, coffee / tea, orange juice, bread & banana.


Another thing that I like about Q is the 'head-adjuster' piece. It's a piece of adjustable cushion which allows your head to sit in the position that you feel most comfortable. Man, this is one of the best thing could happen to seat design. I remember the last time I saw the similar type of design was when I flew with Cathay Pacific in 2000, when I was on my way to my graduation. This piece of thingy really works wonders! I could rest / sleep so comfortably. Definitely better than the air-cushion-balloon thingy I reckon.


Don't look at my face, look at the adjuster next to my head!

Another breakthrough! When we landed, the air-stewardess announced that we could use our mobile phone even though we were in the plane. Now that's something new isn't it? Why do you think for many other airlines, normally they don't allow mobile phones to be used in the aircrafts? If you know, do tell me...

I arrived 25 minutes earlier than expected. The headwind today must be weaker than normal. Perth domestic airport is not as loud as others but it's alright. Perth is as cold as Mlelbourne during the night & early morning. Today was abt 4-5 degree. Day time is about 16 degree today.


Thanks to my uncle who fetched me & served me Bak Zhang!!! The best ever made by my auntie... YUMMYYYYY!!! ('mai jeles hor...')



I'm sharing the same time zone with my hometown now. Haha..in fact I'm gaining 2 hours :@)
Gotta go now, preparing to meet the Deputy in an hour time.
More amazing stories later...

God is good, yes all the time!

No comments: