Thursday, April 23, 2009

What Do You Really Want???

It's time to make some clarification. Someone (whom I call Mr A) approached me on Good Friday morning while the SUT group was practising the Easter Mime thingy. It all started with a casual chat about certain political scenes that's happening in our country. To cut the story short, my face ended up in the paper the very next day. It says this:

Christian Tang, 33, was pleased with the new cabinet and hoped that those who had been appointed would work together with teh prime minister in carrying out their duties. "The new cabinet is a fair appointment and they should work with the prime minister and be more proactive in performing their duties. Those who have been appointed should ultilise the resources efficiently and effectively for the benefit of the people," said Tang. Tang who is a teacher supported the appointment of Tan Sri Muhyiddun Yassin as the deputy prime minister and the education minister.

My comment is this:

1. I am NOT 33.

2. I have NO comment about the newly appointed cabinet. In fact, how many of us know the real meaning of the word 'cabinet' anyway? How many of us know the roles of the cabinet? Frankly, the 1st thing came to my mind of the word 'Cabinet' was my baju-baju & buku-buku cabinet. I'm sure many of you can identify with me? Yes???

This is what I found in the dictionary:

Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle French, small room, diminutive of Middle French dialect (Picard) cabine gambling house
Date: circa 1550


1 a: a case or cupboard usually having doors and shelves b: a collection of specimens especially of biological or numismatic interest c: console 4a d: a chamber having temperature and humidity controls and used especially for incubating biological samples

2 aarchaic : a small room providing seclusion b: a small exhibition room in a museum

3 aarchaic (1): the private room serving as council chamber of the chief councillors or ministers of a sovereign (2): the consultations and actions of these councillors b (1)often capitalized : a body of advisers of a head of state (2): a similar advisory council of a governor of a state or a mayor cBritish : a meeting of a cabinet

4New England :
milk shake

So, the whole world knows that I have NO clue about politics, that includes MANY of you too. Well, I did make a general comment about how a typical Malaysian is normally not that 'loyal' to his country and we all know why. Is this a sad fact? Well, in certain way, it is. To change this, it takes more than great effort. Argh... we better stop talking about this before something happen to me - I'm sure Ah Cow would say that :) A typical Malaysian like me would always say "Ahh..dun tok so much lah, we can't do anything anyway. It's just the way it is. We are all treated differently..."

Of all the comments about the new cabinet, I do hope that they will work well with our new PM too. Whether we like it or not we can't change this, so better just accept it!

Hey, anyone of us here know who our new Deputy PM is? I really do not know till I saw the comment that I 'made' on the paper. And he is also the Education Minister too? The amazing 'ding-dong' decision on the language to be used in Science & Maths teaching MUST be resolved fast. That bugs me a lot. Does it bug you? Or you just don't care?

To conclude our dialogue, I just posted Mr A a question; What do we really want? That would determine everything that we do. It doesn't matter who we are. regardless of race, language, social status, etc etc,

What do you want?

p.s. Hey, I do like the Headlines though. Don't just carry the names, but ACT as one! Be a servant!

No comments: